To have a do-it-yourself (DIY) mentality can be very rewarding. Apart from saving you the few bucks you would have given to a professional, you will develop yourself technically in areas outside your career job. Some of the issues you usually experience at home when using some of your bathroom and kitchen fixtures are easy to repair if you have the right tools. There Faucet Repair Lexington MI 48450 are some basic tools you must have in your tool kits for unexpected home repairs and some of them are:
1. Pipe Wrench: This is an adjustable tool used to tighten or loosen the threaded end of pipes and fittings with round surface. This is also called plumber’s wrench and it comes in various sizes and can be used for various purposes. The serrated teeth Lexington MI 48450 help the wrench to grip the surface as you turn but when not used properly, can damage a fixture’s finish. An adjustable spanner can be used in place of this tool.
2. Plunger: This is an indispensable tool to have at home as it is used to dislodge clogged drains, tubs, toilets, showers, and floor drains. When using it on a blocked sink, press it Faucet Repair Lexington MI 48450 hard against the drain opening (for 5 seconds) and pull with force, do this continuously until the drain clears.
3. Measuring Tape: This tool is commonly called tape measure used by technicians to get a quick and exact measurement of an object’s length. It comes in different designs like cloth, steel, fiber glass, etc and sizes which can either be in meters or feet.
4. Lexington MI 48450 Hacksaw: This is a versatile tool that has two parts which are the frame and blade and both must be tightened together to get a complete hacksaw. It has an adjustable frame that can be loosened to fit blades of different sizes. They are used for making precision cuts through metals, plastics, screws and bolts.
5. Hand Gloves: You should consider having this on Lexington MI 48450 before you start any work because it provides a protective cover to your hands from injuries. It has different openings for each finger and thumb and comes in different colors, sizes and designs.
6. Hand Auger: Most times referred to as plumbers snake is a slender, flexible wire used to remove clogs from showers, sinks, toilets, tubs and drains lines. For home use, a 15ft Lexington MI 48450 to 20ft auger is good; it is your best friend when plunger fails.
7. Tongue-and-Grove Pliers: Commonly known by its original name, Channel lock is a tool used for holding, twisting, loosening and tightening bolts and nuts, screws and other materials. It has serrated jaws with rubber clothed handle for safe handling.
8. WD 40: This is the brand name of a water-displacing and oil penetrating Lexington MI 48450 spray that comes in a can with a smart straw sprayer. This lubricant is a multi-purpose product that works well in the displacement of water from a surface leaving a viscous oil that ensures smoothness. It can also be used to loosen stiffened or rusted threaded ends like bolts and nuts, and helps prevent corrosion on metals. Traditionally, palm oil has been used to Lexington MI 48450 work on rusted threaded ends because of its cost effectiveness and availability but when you need a quick, clean, easy solution to rusting, always keep WD 40 handy.
Other tools you may find useful in times of unexpected home repairs include insulation/black tape (for electrical fixings), screwdriver (both star and flat head), pliers, thread tape (plumbing fixings), hammer, grease, testers.
The importance of having some of Lexington MI 48450 these tools at home cannot be over-emphasized as they can be handy when you need them for repair work at home.